Ministry OF INFORMATION
P. O. BOX M 41. ACCRA
December 2, 2020
1. Government of Ghana notes, without much surprise, a desperate attempt by the campaign of John Mahama to falsely accuse the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa of bribery.
2. false accusation is premised on a doctored video of a 2016 campaign donation to then candidate Characteristic of the NDC’s reliance on waging a Campaign of lies, fake news and fabrications, the opposition candidate and his party have now sponsored the Of this Video and superimposed it With to Create false impression that it is a 2016 event showing the President receiving a bribe.
3. Whilst we are not surprised by the new low by the opposition candidate and his party, we remind Ghanaians that they should expect more of such falsehoods and fabrications in the days leading up to the election. It has become clear that candidate Mahama’s failed campaign now sees fake news and fabrications, as well as an amendment of their earlier promises as the only hope to salvage what is going to be another decisive victory for President Akufo-Addo and the New patriotic Party.
4. We are disappointed that Mr. Mahama and the current NDC leadership Will Stoop so low with obvious fabrications which they hope can change the minds of Ghanaians. It is and will always be their stock-in-trade.
5. The people of Ghana are discerning and will not be swayed by obvious fabrications designed by persons who always seek to bring the name of the Republic into disrepute and sully its image amongst the comity of nations.
6. The general public and the media are encouraged to be vigilant in order not to fall prey to the antics of these persons who desperately desire to tarnish the image Of the Republic for their own selfish, parochial, partisan ends.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, president Akufo-Addo has never been involved in any untoward conduct, let alone take bribe. original footage of the incident shows it clearly as a 2016 campaign donation and nothing more.
KOJO OPPONG NKRUMAH (MP)